Thursday, April 12, 2007

Celestron the SkyScout Planetarium Gadget

The SkyScout has been a wondrous thing for me and my family. At first, the pricetag kept me from looking into it at all but I’m so glad that I made the decision to spend the four hundred bucks and go for it. It’s been one of the best decisions that I have made in awhile. Oh sure, I could have spent it on concerts, sporting events, more nights out at the restaurant, but those things though entertaining, are not really too enlightenting or educational.

I have learned to identify dozens of stars by site now. I can actually recall the names of planets, stars and galaxies when I would have felt like a total boob when talking about the starry night sky just a couple of months ago. If you get your kids or your neighbor/friends and their kids to spend some time with the SkyScout, they will remember this gift that you gave them, the gift of knowledge, maybe a sense of pride in also being able to identify heavenly bodies.

No comments: